Bible Verses for The New Week




"I command you: be firm and steadfast! Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9


"The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.  In green pastures you let me graze; to safe waters you lead me; you restore my strength.  You guide me along the right path for the sake of your name.  Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and staff give me courage." 
- Psam 23:1-4


"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom do I fear? The Lord is my life's refuge; of whom am I afraid?" - Psalm 27:1


"Wait for the Lord, take courage; be stouthearted, wait for the Lord."
-Psam 27:14


"Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, Lord, faithful God."
- Psalm 31:6


"You are my shelter; from distress you keep me; with safety you ring me round." - Psalm 32:7


"The powerful grow poor and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
-Psalm 34:11


"How precious is your love, O God! We take refuge in the shadow of your wings."
- Psalm 36:8


"Find your delight in the Lord who will give you your heart's desires."
- Psalm 37:4


"Those whose steps are guided by the Lord; whose ways God approves, may stumble, but they will never fall, for the Lord God holds their hand."
-Psalm 37: 23-24


"God is our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in distress.  Thus we do not fear, though earth be shaken and mountains quake to the depths of the sea, though it's waters rage and foam and mountains totter at its surging.  The Lord of hosts is with us; our stronghold is the God of Jacob."
- Psalm 46: 2-4


"Offer praise as your sacrifice to God; fulfill your vows to the Most High.  Then call on me in time of distress.  I will rescue you, and you shall honor me."
- Psalm 50:15


"Cast your care upon the Lord, who will give you support.  God will never allow the righteous to stumble."
-Psalm 54: 23


"For your love towers to the heavens; your faithfulness, to the skies."
- Psalm 57: 11


"But I shall sing your song of strength, extol your love at dawn, For you are my fortress, my refuge in time of trouble." 
- Psalm 59:17


"My soul rests in God alone, from whom comes my salvation.  God alone is my rock and my salvation, my secure height; I shall never fall."
- Psalm 62:2-3


"Though my flesh and heart fail, God is the rock of my heart, my portion forever."
- Psalm 73:26


"For a sun and shield is the Lord God, bestowing all grace and glory.  The Lord withholds no good thing from those who walk without reproach."
- Psalm 84:12


"You have the Lord for your regufe; you have made the Most High your stronghold.  No evil shall befall you, no affliction come near your tent.  For God commands the angels to guard you in all your ways."
- Psalm 91:11


"When I say, "My foot is slipping," your love, Lord, holds me up.  When cares increase within me, your comfort gives me joy." 
-Psalm 94: 18-19


"The Lord is with me; I am not afraid.  What can mortals do against me?"
- Psalm 118:6


"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it and be glad."
- Psalm 118:24


"You are my refuge and shield; in your word I hope."
- Psalm 119: 114


"I raise my eyes toward the mountains.  From where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.  God will not allow your foot to slip, your guardian does not sleep."
- Psalm 121: 1-3


"The Lord will guard you from all evil, will always guard your life. The Lord will guard your coming and going, both now and forever."
- Psalm 121: 7-8


"Our help is the name of the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth."
- Psalm 124:8


"The Lord remembered us in our misery, God's love endures forever;  Freed us from our foes, God's love endures forever; and gives food to all flesh, God's love endures forever. 
- Psalm 136: 22-25


"You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mothers's womb.  I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works! My very self you knew; my bones were not hidden from you, When I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth. Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be."
- Psalm 139: 13-16


"In his mind a man plans his course, but the Lord directs his steps."
- Proverbs 16:9


"They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar as with eagles' wings; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint."
- Proverbs 40:21


"Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God.  I will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with my right hand of justice."
- Proverbs 41:10


"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope.  When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you.  When you look for me, you will find me.  Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the Lord."
- Jeremiah 29:11-14


"Call to me, and I will answer you; I will tell you things great beyond reach of your knowledge."
-Jeremiah 33:3




"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is life not more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they? Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your lifespan? Why are you anxious about clothes? Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin. But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them. If God so clothes the grass of the field, which is grown today and thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith? So do not worry and say, 'What are we to eat?' or 'What are we to drink?' or 'What are we to wear?' All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you besides. Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil."

- Matthew 6: 25-34



"Come to me, all who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart, and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."
- Matthew 11:28-30


"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives, do I give it to you.  Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid."
- John 14:27


"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you."
- John 15:7


"So you also are now in anguish.  But I will see you againm and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you"
- John 16:22


"I have told you these things so that you might have peace in me.  In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world."
- John 17:33


"So you also are now in anguish.  But I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you.  On that day you will not question me about anyuthing.  Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.   Until now, you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete."
- Matthew 16:22-24


"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whome we have gained access to this grace in which we stand, and we boast in hope of the glory of God.  Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, and hope does not disappoint because the love of god has been poured out into our hearts through the holy Spirit that has been given to us.  For Christ, while we were still helpless, yet died at the appointed time for the ungodly.  Indeed, only with difficulty does one die for a just person, though perhaps for a good person one might even find courage to die.  But God proves his love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us."
- Romans 5:1-8


"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us."
- Romans 8:18


"In the same way, the Spirit too comes in the aid of our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit itself intercedes with inexpressible groanings."
- Romans 8:26


"We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose."
- Romans 9:28


"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things ,no powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creatures will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Romans 9:38-39


"Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer."
-Romans 13:12


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13




"But as it is written: 'What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him.' " 
- 1 Corinthians 2: 9




"No trial has come to you but what is human.  God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it."
-1 Corinthians 10:12-13


"Therefore, my beloved brothers, be fim, steadfast, always fully devoted to the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58



"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of all encouragement, who encourages us in our every affliction, so that we may be able to encourage those who are in any affliction with the encouragement with which we ourselves are encouraged by God.  For as Christ's sufferings overflow to us, so through Christ does our encouragement also overflow.  If we are afflited, it is for your encouragement and salvation; if we are encouraged, it is for your encouragement, which enables you to endure the same sufferings that we suffer.  Our hope for you is firm, for we know that as you share in the sufferings, you also share in the encouragement.
-2 Corinthians 1: 3-8



"We are afflicted in ever way, but not constrained; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
- 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9


"Therefore, we are not discouraged; rather, although our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.  For this momentary affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to what is seen; for what is seen is transitory, but what is unseen is eternal."
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18



"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.'  I will rather boast most gladly of my weakness, in order that the power ofChrist may dwell with me."
- 2 Corinthians 12:9


"Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. For our struggle is not with flesh and blood, but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits of the heavens. Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of piece. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit,which is the word of God." 
-Ephesians 11: 13-17


"Rejoice in the Lord always.  I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness should be known to all.  The Lord is near.  Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petitions, make your requests known to God.  Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:4-7


"Rejoice always.  Pray without ceasing.  In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


"For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control."
- 2 Timothy 1:7


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith.  For the sake joy that lay before him he endured the cross, despising its shame, and has taken his seat at the right throne of God."
- Hebrews 12:1-2


"So submit yourselves to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.  Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you of two minds."
- James 3:7-8


"Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord."
- James 5:7


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which isimperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of Godthrough faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,  so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 8 and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,  obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls."
- 1 Peter 1: 3-9


"For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly. For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth; and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.   For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls."
- 1 Peter 2:19-25


"Beloved, do not be surprised that a trial by fire is occurring among you, as if something strange were happening to you.  But rejoice to the extent that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that when his glory is revealed you may also rejoice exultantly."
- 1 Peter 4: 12-13


"Cast all your worries on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7


"Be sober and vigilant.  Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, steadfast in faith, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. The God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory through Christ will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little."
- 1 Peter 5: 8-10


"Now this is the message that we have heard from him and proclaim to you: God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all."
- 2 Peter 1:5


"And this is the promise that he made us: eternal life."
- 1 John: 2:25


"For whoever is begotten by God conquers the world.  And the victory that conquers the world is our faith.  Who indeed is the victor over the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?"
- 1 John 5:4



"What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? Or what can one give in exchange for his life? For the son of Man will come with his angels in his Father's glory, and then he will repay everyone according to his conduct."
- Matthew 16:26-27

Popular Posts

Top Ad 728x90