Bible Verses to help Battle Depression and Anxiety


Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:20)
I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. (Psalm 3:5)
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)
I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:14-16)
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. (Isaiah 43:1)
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  (Matthew 6:34)
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.  (Psalm 94:19)
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  (1 Peter 5:6-7)
The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life — of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
For I am convinced that neither life nor death, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6)
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 4 In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?  (Psalm 56:3-4)
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”  (Romans 8:15)
Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. (Luke 10:19)
You came near when I called on you; you said, ‘Do not fear!’ (Lamentations 3:57)
Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. (John 14:1)
And the Lord said to Paul one night in a vision, “Do not be afraid, but go on speaking and do not be silent, for I am with you, and no one will attack you to harm you, for I have many in this city who are my people.” (Acts 18:9-10)
From the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I (Psalm 61:2)
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)
After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.” (Genesis 15:1)
Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice, for the Lord has done great things! (Joel 2:21)
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. (Isaiah 43:2)
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea (Psalm 46:2)
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)
But whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster. (Proverbs 1:33)
For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. (2 Corinthians 5:1)
Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,  for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. (Psalm 143:8)

Popular Posts

Top Ad 728x90